Preparation time: 20 minutes
Total cooking time: 20 minutes
Ingredients for pork with pumpkin and cashew nuts recipe:
2-3 tablespoons oil
1/2 cup (90g/3oz.) cashew nuts
750g (1 1/2lb) pork neck, cut into long, thin strips
500g (1lb) pumpkin, cubed
1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
1/3 cup (80ml/2 ¾ fl oz.) chicken stock
1/4 cup (60ml/2 fl oz.) dry sherry
1 ½ tablespoons soy sauce
½ teaspoon cornflour
500g (1lb) baby bok choy, chopped
1-2 tablespoons coriander leaves
Directions for pork with pumpkin and cashew nuts recipe:
1. Heat a wok until very hot. Then add 1 tablespoon oil and swirl to coat the side of the wok. Stir-fry the cashews for about 1-2 minutes or so, or until browned. Drain on paper towels.
2. Then reheat the wok, after add a little extra oil and swirl to coat. Stir-fry the pork in batches for about 5 minutes or so. Then remove from the wok and add 1 tablespoon oil to the wok and stir-fry the pumpkin and ginger for about 3 minutes, or until lightly browned. Then add the stock, the sherry and the soy sauce, and cook for about 3 minutes or so, or until the pumpkin is tender.
3. Then blend the cornflour with 1 teaspoon water until smooth, and add to the wok and stir until the mixture boils and thickens. After that, return the pork and the cashews to the wok and after that add the bok choy and the coriander. Stir until the bok choy has just wilted and serve it immediately.
Nutritional Value for pork with pumpkin and cashew nuts recipe:
Protein 46 g;
Fat 28 g;
Carbohydrate 15 g;
Dietary Fibre 8 g;
Energy 2112kj (505cal)
Hints for pork with pumpkin and cashew nuts recipe:
1. Stir-fry the cashew nuts for 102 minutes, or until they are just browned.
2. Reheat the wok and brown the pork in batches so that it fries rather than stews.
3. Add the stock, sherry and soy sauce and cook until the pumpkin is tender.